07 December 2006

Adoration of the Magi

So I was in Canberra this week, and happened to be wandering through the Tuggeranong Hyperdome Shopping Complex, bastion of low income consumer behaviour and haunt of un-wed teen mothers..
In the middle I spied 'The Tuggeranong Nativity', which I found astounding, because it had the largest Baby Jesus I have ever seen. In comparison to the rest of the adult cast, The Tuggeranong Jesus might, in real life, be up to 5`2".
The 'Big Jesus' of Tuggeranong draws thousands of shoppers to wonder at the beauty and sheer gargantuan nature of the Christ child. It may classify as a 'miracle'. If anything, it might also warrant some response from Rome, as I'm sure this Jesus must contravene some official Vatican measurements.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home