11 May 2005

Resurfacing vs Filling

Recent dental work. Three new 'resurfacings'. That's this century's term for 'filling'. Does this mean my 'fillings' have been replaced, or have I exchanged 'fillings' for 'resurfacings'?

My company announced we'd just 'acquired' another company, our arch rival, our favourite victim...On talking to our Boss across the sea, a colleague of mine used the term 'synergies'. What will be the likely 'synergies' of this merger. The answer devolved into a question of which workers would get the sack, which would stay. I thought my colleague's question had been misinterpreted. On bringing this up later, it seemed it was exactly the question he was asking. Catherine thought it was the first time she'd heard the term 'synergy' as a coy allusion to sackings. I'd never heard it used that way. My colleague countered it was used regularly in that way, that 'synergies' were the benefits that one got from combining two disparate entities, as well as the left overs of the merger....I'd never heard that before, well, not the 'leftovers' bit...

Now I'm worried my 'resurfacings' have not merely replaced my 'fillings', but that some of my old teeth were leftover....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home